Sunday, April 30, 2017

Mohican Falls Trail

One lovely spring day I met-up with my artist friend Michelle Walker at Mohican State Park. We asked about an interesting place to paint and were told there was a waterfall ten or so miles up the road. Upon arrival we discovered it was a 2 or 3 mile hike, mostly uphill, to the falls. I did not have my backpack, still we were determined to check out the falls. We climbed, me pulling my card over roots and rocks imbedded in the path. Sometimes along a steep drop off into a river, at other times crossing a rivulet flowing down to the river. When we arrived at the rather narrow trickle of a falls it was completely in shadow. Neither one of us felt we could get a good painting from it. So, since we had climbed all that way we painted with our back to the sound of falling water. Plants hadn't sprouted much yet, but the moss was nice.
This painting was juried into the 2018 Best Of OPAS show Gallery 10 in Kent, Ohio
16" x 24"     Oil on cradled birch wood   $550

No comments: