Sunday, May 27, 2018

Guterba Barn

Kyle Guterba wrote, "I found someone braving the rain when I got home from work, under an umbrella doing something…..Only to find her beautiful art work of my families barn from the mid 1860"s. She has a true gift and talent. I can't wait to hang it up to share with others. Feeling blessed to stand on this same ground as the 6th generation, 162 years later after my family first settled here in 1856. What a wonderful feeling and honor to call this place home. Blessings to you Nancy Hawkins for bringing smiles to my family on this rainy spring day." Such a dear man!!
16 " x 20" Oil on Ampersand Gessoed Board SOLD
So, then a cousin of Kyle's asked that I paint another of the barn. This time I chose a sunny day. The painting came out a little different. I enjoyed them both. What a wonderful subject and story behind it.

12" x 24" Oil on Cradled Wood  SOLD


No comments: